Friday, July 6, 2012

A Path to No More Mondays

I read a book recently titled "No More Mondays" by Dan Miller. Dan is a motivational career coach who has an interesting perspective on work and pursuing the things that you love. I enjoy listening to his podcasts weekly.

Dan teaches that if you pursue what you love and charge for "results" based work instead of punching a time clock, you will make more money than you ever have. You will have the flexibility to spend more time with your family and truly love what you do and do what you love.

Think about what you love to do. Don't you just get lost in it? Now think about a job that you may not enjoy. Doesn't it just drag on? Do you find yourself sitting there thinking how you could be doing so much more if you weren't there?

Now don't get me wrong, work is a necessity and I believe before you leave to pursue your dream you must have a strong plan and have plenty of money saved for an emergency. It still made me think that anything is possible. I have been doing the things I love on the side - teaching, writing/editing, speaking, motivating, and fitness - for years. My time seems to fly by when I am doing all of those things. I hope that I can somehow combine those into a full time career that I love someday.

So now I am setting forth on a new path and setting some goals. I am putting these goals down on paper. I feel like I have been "floating" along, but now that we are making some progress in our financial lives, it is giving us a little more freedom to make different decisions in the future.

I am officially journeying down this path to "No More Mondays."

Dream big. Realize your worth. Set goals. Make your future happen.

Anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment