Sunday, July 1, 2012

Stop Where You Are

Life. It rushes by us like a train at full speed, doesn't it? Just when we think we caught our breath and refocused our energies, it whips by us again and we are often left wondering what happened.
I foolishly believed that these times were few and far between, but this year has provided our family with plenty of pain, obstacles, and challenges. From the loss of one of my best friends on New Year's Day to my husband losing his grandma to our daughter in and out of the ER for a few months, it was a lot to process.

All of these events made me think: "Hey - stop where you are. Right now. Just stop. Take everything in because it could be gone tomorrow."

We are often rushing around trying to meet deadlines, schedules, and the timelines. Some of these are from others and some are self imposed. At the end of the day, we are left with very little sanity and peace of mind because of all of it.

Now that the dust from the first half of 2012 is beginning to settle, I am not taking any of it for granted. If I catch myself stressing out or running around, I just stop. Sometimes I breathe. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I love on my family and friends.

So stop right where you are. Think of everything you have to be thankful for. Realize what you're not happy with and start thinking of ways to make a change.

Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment