Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekend Food Fail

Ok - so my first challenge. The weekend. How did it go? Not so well.

I didn't do too horribly. We were out and about getting some things done, so we went out to eat Mexican Saturday afternoon. We brought home a boxed pizza Saturday night, and I had a doughnut this morning. Ok, maybe I did do horribly.  A triple threat this weekend? Yikes.

The silver lining? The rest of the day has been pretty good.

You see, I am trying to figure out how not to let my emotions win. I have had a rough weekend dealing with some family issues and just the undue stress created by our schedules. It's not an excuse, but it is something I have discovered.

I realize that when David and I DO get time together, I tend to want to celebrate with food. I want to go out and eat or go get a snack to enjoy together. I use food to celebrate and I use it to cope. When I am in a situation with tempting foods, I lack a lot of self control when I am feeling upset , stressed, or even (newly discovered) insanely happy.

So, now that I have identified those feelings I need to figure out where to go with it. I read once that building willpower is like training any other muscle - it takes time. So now that I am discovering what triggers this, maybe I can start working that willpower muscle.

My meals are planned for the week, and I have done some pre-cooking and pre-chopping of meats and fruits and veggies. Count it down - 3...2....1 - here we go for the week!

I believe that we can do this together. Certainly I am not alone in these thoughts or feelings. Does anyone else share the same out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment