Tuesday, June 5, 2012

House of Marriage

Big news. I got married last week! As my (now) husband and I like to joke, we "locked down the babymama/babbydaddy."

Being almost five years out from my divorce, I never imagined I would be saying "I do" again. The road between then and now has been filled with doubts and fears but also as equally with love and hope. It's hard for me to explain in words; it just feels right.

I am a former marriage skeptic. Due to my past relationships and the example given to me as a child, I didn't have much faith in the union. To me, it seemed like something someone could escape at any time with any sort of mistake or could enter back into just with a simple "I'm sorry." It was a pretty house with no foundation that was about to crumble as soon as the wind blew the wrong direction.

What changed my point of view? There are many things that slowly built the foundation of our union over these past few years. Watching the kind of father he is to the girls and how he does the smallest things just to see me smile made me change my idea of marriage. Also, knowing that he does what he has to do for his family and is loyal is something to really admire. He is very trustworthy, hardworking, and talented. We have the same goal to become debt free and we have the same dreams for our future. It is an amazing connection.

So, since saying "I do" - have things changed between us? I would say most definitely. I felt a connection before, but now it feels deeper. It was something about vowing those words to each other that made me realize that this is for real. This is it. I love this man and I am going to spend the rest of my life with him.

We built the foundation and now we are building our house. We are building our future. It's an amazing feeling!



No comments:

Post a Comment