Thursday, May 24, 2012

Exercise - Theory vs. Application

I have been studying for my ACSM Group Exercise Instructor certification exam this summer. I have taken classes over the past few years, and feel like I have enough background knowledge to finally start getting really serious on my own. The goal? To be certified by the end of summer.

I already teach a group cycle class at the gym and exercise when I can, but I have noticed my workouts have decreased since having my little girl. Oh, and add the commute to my full time job. Oh....AND my fiance who I RARELY see due to our conflicting work schedules so I want to spend every minute home with him when we are together.  When is there time?

I laughed a little to myself this morning as I was reading my books and thinking about how I should go run. I can have all of the head knowledge in the world, but if I don't use it or apply it to inspire others - which is exactly what I want to do - then what is the point? I find my study materials interesting and hard to put down, but I gave myself a time limit to finish reading. After I type this blog, I will be lacing up my running shoes before work.

I believe we all make time for what we want to make time for. Moms are BUSY people, but we still have to take care of ourselves. Even if it is a few times a week, do something to keep your bodies moving. It is not an all or nothing deal. Your kiddos and your significant other will be fine for a half hour without you, and you will be better prepared for the day if you take that half hour for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment