Saturday, April 28, 2012

Alive

Yesterday, I had an amazing opportunity. I got to be the real me - truly authentic. I laughed, I told jokes, and I shared and listened to other life experiences. You know what I did?

I had the opportunity to speak and inspire - and it was amazing.

I talked to some women who had careers and were also moms and wives. I discussed some of the things I have discovered that made life easier to "balance" for me as a new mom with a full time job. Some of those things included meal planning, exercise, budgeting and finding a way to make time when there doesn't seem to be any left. I was excited as to how receptive these women were; and how the things that have become second nature to me were new approaches to them.

These ladies also gave me something; I wasn't the only one talking. One single mom shared how she taught her kids the importance of money at a very young age. Another woman shared her love for Zumba and got a few of the other ladies in the class interested. The discussion and thoughts spread like wildfire as we laughed and learned.

You know when something feels "just right?" It's as if you found something that sets you on fire and makes you grin ear to ear? I believe I have found it. The feeling as I left that conference was unbelievable. It was such a give and take experience and truly amazing.

I felt - ALIVE.

It's out there. Follow your heart and be who you were meant to be. The rest will follow! At least, that is what I believe. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment