Saturday, March 17, 2012

Welcome to The Friday Latte!

Hello!

Welcome to The Friday Latte - a motivational blog for moms!

Almost a year ago, I became a mom to a beautiful baby girl. My life was turned upside down! All of the things that I thought I knew, I really had no idea about. There were many things in my life that changed as a result: relationships, career, fitness, nutrition, and finance. Oh, let's not forget the BIG change - raising a child!

For the past year, I have written about each of these topics whether it was in my own journal or on Facebook. I believe that as moms, we need to motivate each other in these areas because we often struggle from time to time. I am not saying that I have all of the answers; just that I can relate. I want to share my ideas, thoughts, and experiences with you and hope that you can do the same with me. Through this dialogue, we can help each other during tough times and encourage each other through the good times.

Some of you may be wondering about the name of my blog. Well, my "Friday latte" is one of my favorite things about my week. As a career woman, I look forward to it because it gives me that last "jolt" to push me through a long week of working. As a mom who is trying to become debt-free, it is my treat to myself at the end of the week instead of "treating" myself every day (and you would not believe the cost savings since I only do it once a week!) As a mom who cares about nutrition and fitness, I always order skinny with no sugar and I get my treat without piling on tons of calories.

As you can see, all of these topics relate back to my Friday latte in some way. It's a reminder and a motivator that as a hard-working mom, we still deserve to treat ourselves once in a while.

I hope you enjoy my musings. I tend to write whenever the fancy strikes me, so I would love for you to stay tuned and join in the conversation. I can't wait to talk to and hear from all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment