Saturday, March 24, 2012

Quick Wins

I am a believer and HUGE fan of the Total Money Makeover!! We have paid off almost $8,000 in debt in the past 3 months! This is due to our fine tuned budget and a nice tax return (which didn't hurt, but we will have to change those exemptions to have that money in our wallet this year).

We still have our car loans, my student loans, and some medical bills. It seems like there is still such a long way to go, but it is important for us to remember how far we have come in such a short time. Dave Ramsey claims that in the debt snowball (organizing your debts smallest to largest and paying off the smallest first), that you will get "quick wins" which will keep you fired up and ready to get out of debt.

I couldn't agree more.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Somedays I feel like it is really dim, but I know it is there. Our schedules are crazy and we haven't had much time together as a family this year. I would rather make these sacrifices now while the kids are young, so we can make memories that last with them starting in the next few years.

I can't wait to yell "I'M DEBT FREE!!!!"

For those of you on this journey, dig in and keep the faith! You will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment